News, Reviews, and everything SNL

Thursday, September 17, 2009

"SNL In Primetime"

Tonight is the first of several SNL "Weekend Update Thursday" specials. It's a live, 30-minute broadcast, that usually consists of a cold opening sketch followed by an extended Weekend Update segment. I'm very excited for this! Although the actual season premiere of SNL isn't for another 9 days, this feels almost like a premiere because its the first new show since last May. I don't expect a groundbreaking show tonight, after all its only 30 minutes, but It'd be cool to see quick appearances by the 2 new girls, Jenny and Nasim. I wouldn't expect that to happen though--Lorne probably will ease them into the lineup. Its also going to be interesting to see what characters they choose to be on Update with Seth and Amy. Will there be a song by Will Forte? Perhaps another "Just Kidding" from Kristen Wiig? I also have it on good authority that Abby Elliott is not going to be in tonight's show. Not too big of a deal, but I thought I'd mention it. Whatever happens tonight, it's sure to be entertaining. Following the show, I'll post my initial thoughts and reviews--so be sure to check that out.
The show begins at 8PM tonight, followed by the premieres of "Parks & Recreation", "The Office" and "Community".

No comments:

Post a Comment