News, Reviews, and everything SNL

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cast Ages

Ok, here's a perfect example of why I have no life. I like to research information that is useless and boring to about 99% of people, and yet to 'die hard' SNL fans, it's somewhat interesting. :)
I do this from time to time, when there's some downtime in the SNL news.
Recently I've been thinking about the ages of the SNL cast. Assuming Darrell isn't coming back, (which is still a shaky assumption) there will be 12 castmembers returning for season 35 in September. The oldest castmember will be Fred Armisen (42); he's the only castmember in their forties. The youngest, by far, is featured player Abby Elliott (22). The only other castmember in their twenties is Casey Wilson (28). That means that 9 out of the 12 castmembers are in their thirties. I think being in this "thirties" range is good for the cast. Not too young and inexperienced, but still young enough to be funny to a wide range of audiences. On premiere night (Sept. 26), the average age for a current SNL castmember will be 33.2 years. However, if 53-year old Darrell Hammond returns, the figure jumps to 34.7. Well, that's that. If I can think of any more interesting SNL statistics, I'll be sure to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment